Tad R. Callister delivered a masterpiece on 10/1/17 about Joseph’s translation process. Joseph was neither a creative nor theological genius. He was an inspired prophet!
Watch Elder Callister’s talk here.
Watch this video about the 2 manuscripts: 1) the dictated or original manuscript and 2) the printer’s manuscript.
Watch this about the preservation of the printer’s manuscript by David Whitmer:
LDS Truth Claims insight:
Royal Skousen in his 2003 Book of Mormon Archaeological Forum Presentation.
Book of Mormon textual changes
Summary: The claim is often heard that there are more than 4000 changes to the Book of Mormon text. The majority of these are typographical. Few of the changes are significant. We examine the more noteworthy changes.
JUMP TO SUBTOPIC:
- Reasons for textual changes made to the Book of Mormon over the years after it was first published
- “God” changed to “Son of God” in the Book of Mormon
- “White and delightsome” changed to “pure and delightsome”
- “Benjamin” was changed to “Mosiah” in later editions of the Book of Mormon
- Words missing in Alma 32:30
John Hall’s 2007 FAIR speech: “The Problem with Tampering with the Word of God: As far as it is translated correctly.”